Divergent Review



Hi everyone!

I finally finished this book Divergent by Veronica Roth. And like I've promised in my Looking back at 2014, I'm going to write my review. I actually just realized I've never post something about books on my blog, so this will be the first one. It's the first book of a trilogy, and the first book is already filmed. The second book Insurgent will be in the cinema in March. I really can't wait to see it!

The story is set in dystopian Chicago. Society is divided into five factions: Amity (they are always happy, all about kindness and harmony), Candor (they value honesty and order, they tell the truth), Erudite (the ones who value knowledge and logic), Dauntless (they are brave, fearless and free), and Abnegation (they are selfless, always helping the others). Beatrice belongs to the last faction. On Choosing Day, all the sixteen-year olds has to choose which faction they would like to be, staying with their family or transferring to another faction. Tris transferred to another faction. She doesn't know anymore who her real friends are and she's hiding also a secret, a secret that could mean death if someone hears about it. In the meantime, Erudite is organizing something big, something that could change their entire life.

I'm not going to tell you more about it, because otherwise you will know the end of the story :)

I really enjoyed this book! It is definitely my favorite trilogy. Just everything is good about it and it is much different than other books. It is often compared with The Hunger Games, but there are a lot of differences. There is not a love triangle like in Twilight and The Hunger Games, and I think the story is just so much better than The Hunger Games, there happens so much in just one book, and in The Hunger Games there is only the beginning and the part in the Arena.

Like I already said, I have seen the film too. As most of the time, I think the book is better than the film, there are often pieces in the book they left out in the movie, what I hate a little bit about filmed books.

I really want to start reading the second book Insurgent, but I first has to read a book for school (I think I'm going to read this book again for school, haha)



I hope you liked this kind of post and let me know what you think!