Mittens crochet pattern




Hi everyone!

It's winter here in Belgium! And my hands are always very cold, so I crochet my own mittens. It's a pattern I made by myself, because I couldn't find one on internet. I made the mittens on the size of my hands, so maybe you has to change it a little bit if you have larger or smaller hands.

You only need two balls of wool and a crochet needle of 9mm.

This are the abbreviations I used:
hdc = half double crochet

This is the pattern:

First you has to make the thumb:
Round 1: 6 hdc
Round 2: 6 hdc
Round 3: 6 hdc
Round 4: 6 hdc
Round 5: 6 hdc
Round 6: 6 hdc

And then you have to make the rest of your fingers:

Round 1: 6 hdc
Round 2: 12 hdc, 2 hdc in each hdc
Round 3: 18 hdc, 2 hdc in each second hdc
Round 4: 18 hdc
Round 5: 18 hdc
Round 6: 18 hdc
Round 7: 18 hdc
Round 8: 18 hdc
Round 9: 18 hdc
Round 10: 18 hdc
Round 11: 18 hdc
Round 12: hook the thumb to the fingers, 24 hdc
Round 13: 24 hdc
Round 14: 24 hdc
Round 15: 20 hdc
Round 16: 20 hdc

And finally you have to make the board of the mitten, this is hooked in rows and afterwards sewed to the mittens.

Row 1: 6 hdc
Row 2: 6 hdc
Row 3: 6 hdc
...
Row 18: 6 hdc



Let me know what you think!

2 opmerkingen:

  1. I think they are beautiful! Can't believe you made your own pattern, I always think knitting is very difficult, but maybe one day I'll give it a shot!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you! And it is not that difficult to make your own crochet pattern, you just has to try it. :)

      Verwijderen